Hello dear beauty enthusiasts! Summer is finally here and we can’t wait to enjoy our time outdoors. But while we’re enjoying the sun and warm temperatures to the fullest, let’s not forget that our skin also needs special attention. In this comprehensive blog post, we take a humorous look at different skin types and give you fresh and upbeat skincare tips for a radiant summer look. So, let’s get started!
Extensive course book for your own training purposes! This book is also great as a reference book after training! However, it is not suitable for self-education. Professional training is essential.
- The sun-kissed sunscreen: Regardless of your skin type, sunscreen is an absolute must in summer! Yes, we know that applying sunscreen can be a pain sometimes, but trust us, your skin will thank you. Choose a sunscreen with a high enough SPF to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. And don’t forget to reapply every few hours, especially after swimming or sweating.
- The oily eco T-zone: Do you have an oily T-zone that makes your forehead and nose shine like a disco ball? Don’t worry, you’re not alone! Summer can increase the production of sebum, leading to an oily sheen. But don’t panic! Use a light, oil-free cleansing gel and regularly use toner with refreshing ingredients like mint or tea tree oil. This way you can keep the shine at bay and refine your pores at the same time.
- The dry goat’s milk: Do you have dry skin that sometimes feels as chapped as an old tree trunk in summer? Don’t worry, we have the solution! Go for a rich moisturiser that will keep your skin intensely hydrated. Here’s a tip: try products that contain hyaluronic acid. It can help lock moisture into the skin and keep it plump and supple. Also, don’t forget to drink enough water to hydrate your skin from the inside.
- The sensitive mimosa: Is your skin so sensitive that it starts to itch and burn with every ray of sunlight? Oh dear, we feel for you! Make sure you use sunscreen products that are specially formulated for sensitive skin. Look for ingredients like aloe vera or chamomile that have soothing properties. Also, avoid strong exfoliants or harsh cleansers and choose mild, hypoallergenic options to avoid further irritating your skin.
- The normal force of nature: You are lucky! Your skin is one of the normal forces of nature. You are the lucky ones who are blessed with a balanced skin structure. But we have a few tips for you too to keep your look fresh in the summer. Use a light moisturiser that provides your skin with the right amount of moisture without weighing it down. Also look for a gentle cleanser that removes dirt and impurities but doesn’t compromise your skin’s natural pH. Avoid over-exfoliating to avoid irritating the skin and use a nourishing eye cream to protect the delicate area around the eyes.
- The blossomed sun worshipper: Dear sun worshippers, you love getting a beautiful tan in summer. But don’t forget that the sun has its dark side too. Be sure to enjoy your sunbaths, but in moderation. Too much sun can lead to premature skin ageing and even skin cancer. Protect yourself with a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and loose clothing that covers your skin. Also, use self-tanning products to achieve a natural tan without exposing your skin to the sun’s harmful rays.
- The happy water sportsman: You are the ones who love to spend the summer in the water, be it in the pool, on the beach or in the lake. That’s great! Water activities are refreshing and fun. Remember, however, that water can dry out your skin. Use a moisturising body lotion or cream after swimming to keep your skin hydrated and supple. Also, always apply a waterproof sunscreen to protect your skin from the harmful UV rays, even when you’re in the water.
Dear beauty enthusiasts, no matter what skin type you are, summer can be a challenge for our skin. But with the right skincare tips, you can maintain a radiant and fresh look. Remember, sunscreen is a must, whether your skin is oily, dry, sensitive or normal. Choose products that suit your needs and make sure to keep your skin hydrated. Enjoy the summer, have fun and feel good in your skin!